The Watercolor Painting Effect lets you turn normal footage or photos into an animated watercolor painting in Adobe After Effects. The effect uses real paint textures to produce completely authentic results.
With a variety of animated paper textures, watery distortion effects, and custom ink bleeds, this template offers plenty of opportunity to be creative and make amazing animations and watercolor reveals. Best of all, it's completely customizable using easy slider controls, so you can tweak the effect to perfectly suit your footage!
- Multiple Styles - Three watercolor looks to choose from, using a variety of authentic watercolor textures
- Easy Customization - using convenient slider controls
- Ink Bleeds - The entire Ink Bleeds & Blots template from Creation Effects is included, so you can overlay them over your animation, or create watercolor reveals (examples included - just drop in your footage)
- 24 animated paper textures to choose from
- Watery Distortion Effect - As seen on the text graphics in the demo video. Also, other extra effects for enhancing your watercolor painting animation
- Stop Motion Effect - An optional effect that lowers the frame rate and gives your animation a hand-crafted look
- Mattes, Borders, & Frames - unique ways to display your animation
Watch the Video Tutorial
Even After Effects beginners will be able to turn their footage into a stop-motion, watercolor painting animation.
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (including Creative Cloud). Works on both Mac or PC. No plugins required.
- All comps are HD 1920x1080.
- The examples in the demo video look "choppy" because of a low frame rate. You can adjust the frame rate with the included Stop Motion Effect.
- This template has been "universalized", meaning it will work in After Effects running in other languages.
- Follow the suggestions on the Render Tips Page to optimize the speed of this template.
- Music and footage in demo video are not included.
The Watercolor Painting Effect template is not a plugin. It's an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to insert their footage and make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the Watercolor Painting Effect template contains copyrighted intellectual property, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.