The Van Gogh Effect for After Effects allows you to instantly turn your footage into a realistic, animated painting - in a style that imitates master painter Vincent Van Gogh.
The Van Gogh Effect works equally well for both footage and images, and is completely customizable using convenient slider controls. Easily achieve the trademark swirls of the famous "Starry Night", or the wavy brush strokes of Van Gogh's self portraits. With authentic brush textures, custom paint strokes, and an unmistakable Van Gogh style, this efect will turn your ordinary footage into a post-impressionist masterpiece!
These same Van Gogh effects are included in the Creation Art Effects template, which contains 40 unique art effects.
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (including Creative Cloud). Works on both Mac and PC. No plugins required.
- Render/preview times may be significant. Follow the suggestions on the Render Tips Page to optimize the speed of this template.
- Many of the clips in the demo look "choppy" due to a low frame rate. Frame rate can be adjusted with the included Stop Motion Effect, which is optional.
- Frame images, animated mattes, and alternative paint and canvas textures are included.
- Music and footage placeholders in demo video are not included.
- Comps are HD, 1920x1080.
- This template has been universalized, meaning it will work with After Effects running in any language.
The Van Gogh Effect template is not a plugin. It's an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to insert their footage and make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the Van Gogh Effect template contains copyrighted intellectual property, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.