The Pencil Sketch Effect allows users to effortlessly turn their video footage into an animated pencil drawing in Adobe After Effects. With eleven ready-to-go presets, you can imitate a range of drawing styles like colored pencil, charcoal, line drawings, doodles, rough sketches, photorealism and more. Each preset can be customized with easy-to-use slider controls to get the perfect look for your project.
These effects use real hand-drawn pencil textures to create the most realistic pencil drawing effects out there. It works with still images, footage, motion graphics, and animations - just drop in your media and render!
Watch the Video Tutorial
Even After Effects beginners will be able to create an animated pencil drawing from their footage!
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (including Creative Cloud). Works on both Mac and PC. No plugins required.
- Comps are HD, 1920x1080.
- Render times may be significant. Follow the suggestions on the Render Tips Page to optimize the speed of this template.
- The effects in the demo videos have a reduced frame rate (choppy look) because of the Stop Motion Effect settings. The Stop Motion Effect is optional, and completely customizable.
- Detailed instructions are found in the video tutorial, inside the template, and on the Pencil Sketch Effect Help Page.
- This template has been universalized, meaning it will work with After Effects running in any language.
- Music and footage placeholders in preview video are not included.
The Pencil Sketch Effect template is not a plugin. It's an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to insert their footage and make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the Pencil Sketch Effect template contains copyrighted intellectual property, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.
"I'm working on a video tour for the Museum of the Mountain West in Montrose, Colorado. Your effects are perfect for the project. And I don't have to get a doctorate in After Effects. Saved so much time and frustration. Within a few hours I was able to create a great intro to the tour with pencil effects." - John Carls