The Ink Bleeds & Blots template for After Effects allows you to create custom ink or watercolor effects. These effects can imitate ink spreading on wet paper, drops in water, and even Rorschach (inkblot) tests.
The ink effects are all done procedurally (in After Effects), so they are completely customizable. Convenient slider controls on the "Control Layer" allow you to easily change the colors, shape, softness, location, texture, and more. Control where your ink bleeds simply by editing the shape's path. It's flexible and fun to use, and you'll be returning to it for many projects to come!
Watch the Video Tutorial
Even an After Effects novice will have no problem creating custom ink bleeds!
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions.
Works on both Mac and PC. No plugins required.
- Comps are HD 1920x1080, but any resolution will work (just change the comp size).
- If needed, follow the suggestions on the Render Tips Page to optimize the speed of this template.
- This template has been universalized, meaning it will work with After Effects running in any language.
- Music and footage placeholders in preview video are not included.
The Ink Bleeds & Blots template is not a plugin. It is an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to insert their footage and make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the Ink Bleeds & Blots template contains copyrighted intellectual property in the form of its code, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.