Halftone Effects gives your footage and photos the look of an animated halftone print. In the early days of printing, the "Halftone" printing process produced images through the use of large dots and patterns. With the Halftone Effects template for After Effects, you can imitate that look for your video, and customize it with easy-to-use slider controls.
It's perfect for newspaper and comic book animations, or any video needing some artistic or retro flare!
- Three unique, custom halftone looks:
- Patterns (combination of black, white, dots, and stripes)
- CMYK (grid of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, & Black dots)
- 22 animated paper textures to choose from
- Optional Stop Motion Effect
- Custom Outline Effect draws dark lines around the objects in your footage
- Animated borders frame your animation like a comic book
- Customize the size, shape and spacing of dots. Adjust detail level, color, and more using convenient slider controls.
Three unique, customizable halftone looks for your footage...
Even After Effects beginners will be able to turn their footage into a stop-motion, watercolor painting animation.
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (including Creative Cloud).
- The optional "Stop Motion Effect" lowers the frame rate and adds subtle variation to the scale, position, rotation, and exposure of each frame - imitating the look of a homemade stop-motion animaton. The effect is an adjustment layer which can cause long preview delays in CC when the layer is on (but not in earlier versions). It's recommended to leave the layer off until exporting (which is not affected).
- Comps are HD 1920x1080, but any resolution is possible (by changing comp and layer sizes).
- Music and footage placeholders in demo video are not included.
- Detailed instructions are found in the video tutorial, and inside the template.
- This template has been universalized, meaning it will work with After Effects running in any language.
- No plug-ins required.
The Halftone Effects template is not a plugin. It's an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to insert their footage and make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the Halftone Effects template contains copyrighted intellectual property, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.