Halftone Effects gives your footage and photos the look of an animated halftone print. In the early days of printing, the "Halftone" printing process produced images through the use of large dots and patterns. With the Halftone Effects template for Adobe After Effects, you can imitate that look for your video by simply dropping in your footage. If needed, you can customize the look with easy-to-use slider controls.
With multiple styles to choose from, it's perfect for newspaper and comic book animations, or any video needing some artistic or retro flare!
- Multiple Styles - Choose from three unique halftone looks - dots, patterns (combination of black, white, dots, and stripes), or CMYK (grid of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, & Black dots)
- 22 animated paper textures to choose from
- Stop Motion Effect - An optional effect that lowers the frame rate and gives your animation a hand-crafted look
- Custom Outline Effect - Draws dark lines along the contours in your footage
- Animated Borders - Frames your animation like a comic book
- Customization - Edit the size, shape, and spacing of dots. Adjust detail level, color, and more using convenient slider controls.
Three unique, customizable halftone looks for your footage...
Watch the Video Tutorial
Even After Effects beginners will be able to turn their footage into a stop-motion, halftone animation.
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (including Creative Cloud). Works on both Mac and PC. No plugins required.
- Comps are HD 1920x1080.
- Examples in the demo video look "choppy" because of the optional "Stop Motion Effect", which lowers the frame rate and adds subtle variation to the scale, position, rotation, and exposure of each frame - imitating the look of a homemade stop-motion animaton.
- Follow the suggestions on the Render Tips Page to optimize the speed of this template.
- This template has been universalized, meaning it will work with After Effects running in any language.
- Music and footage placeholders in demo video are not included.
The Halftone Effects template is not a plugin. It's an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
The Halftone Effects template contains copyrighted intellectual property. The sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.