Fire & Smoke is a collection of realistic and customizable fire, smoke, sparks, and heat haze effects for Adobe After Effects. Being made entirely in After Effects with no pre-rendered elements, you have ultimate control over their look and behavior, making them ideal for integrating into your footage or motion graphics.
With 17 fire, smoke, and sparks presets, and with over 30 customization controls for each, you can achieve a wide variety of looks. As a bonus, the project for the demo video is included, giving you access to all the custom fire and title animations seen in the video!
Create and customize fire animations in After Effects!
- 11 Fire Presets - Candle, wide small flame, full frame slow motion, omnidirectional, campfire, campfire in wind, torch, fireball, flame thrower, bonfire, large explosion fire
- 5 Smoke Presets - Wispy, medium, large, black, atmospheric
- 2 Sparks Presets
- Heat Haze Effect - Add controlled heat distortion to your footage. Customize the speed, direction, detail level, position, and movement of the heat haze. Control the amount of blurring and warping separately. Feather the intensity of the blurring and warp at the edges.
- Demo Video Included - The entire comp for the above demo video is included, with no pre-rendered elements - so everything can be customized. Customize the title animations with your own text, or dissect the example effects with footage to see how elements were composited.
- Easy Customization - Convenient slider controls for customizing the look and behavior of all effects
- Easily add slow motion, and maintain smooth playback
- Add direction, or 'wind', to your fire
- Keying Effects included, so you can get a clean composite over your footage.
- HD video tutorial (below)
Watch the Fire & Smoke Tutorial
Learn how to customize the fire and add wind, slow motion, flicker, heat haze, and keying effects.
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (including Creative Cloud). Works on both Mac or PC. No plugins required.
- All comps are HD 1920x1080. Effects can be scaled for 4K by changing the layer size and comp size.
- This template has been "universalized", meaning it will work in After Effects running in other languages.
- Follow the suggestions on the Render Tips Page to optimize the speed of this template.
- Music and footage in demo video are not included.
The Fire & Smoke template is not a plugin. It's an After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to insert their footage and make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the Fire & Smoke template contains copyrighted intellectual property, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.