The 3D Flip Book Effect for After Effects makes your footage look like a series of still images printed or drawn on the fast-turning pages of a flip book. Users can customize the book to get a unique or specific look, and presets allow editors on a deadline to quickly export a quality flip-book animation.
The flip book is a complete 3D book, which you can position and orient in three dimensions. You can change the speed of the page-turns, set intervals between page-turns, adjust the bend of the pages, choose paper textures and table backgrounds, and much more.
Turn your footage into a 3d flip book animation!
- Four flip book animation presets - Export them as is, or use as a starting point to create your own unique animations
- Easy Customization - Dozens of easy-to-use slider controls on a convenient Control Layer in each preset
- Images / Textures - Choose from 21 paper textures and 4 table surface options for your scene
- Comic Book Effect - An optional comic book effect to "cartoonify" your footage
- Step-by-Step Instructions - The video tutorial (above) and detailed written instructions (also found inside the template) tell you everything you need to know
- Page-flipping Sound Effects
- Set the speed and frequency of page turns.
- Display content on either side of book, or both.
- Close, open, position, and rotate the book in three dimensions.
- Separate turned pages from the flip book for a "card toss" effect.
- Edit lights and camera movement to create unique flip-book animations.
- Customize the flexibility (bending) of pages.
- Change the thickness (unlimited pages) and dimensions of book.
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (Including Creative Cloud). Works with both PC and Mac. No plugins required.
- Comps are HD 1920x1080. The effect will work at any resolution when you change the comp size.
- Music and footage placeholders in preview video are not included.
- Page turns are continuous and automatic, and behave according to your page-turn settings. There is no way to keyframe a page-turn, and there is no way to ramp the pace of the page-turns (i.e., start at one speed and end at a different speed). You can, however, animate the page-turning to start and stop using keyframes.
- This effect is designed to work with video footage, not still images. You can use still images, but you will need to edit them together like footage, matching the frame rate to the page-turn rate of the flipbook.
- This template has been universalized, meaning it will work with After Effects running in any language.
- File Size: 90MB.
The 3D Flip Book Effect template is not a plugin. It is an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to insert their footage and make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the 3D Flip Book Effect template contains copyrighted intellectual property in the form of its code, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.
The "3D Flip Book Effect" is included in the Creation Art Effects template, which contains 40 unique art effects.